Polycystic kidney disease(PKD) is a genetic disease which is caused by abnormal differentiation and proliferation of kidney cells. The most obvious feature is clusters of cysts develop within your kidneys, causing your kidneys to enlarge and lost function over time.
You should have known some symptoms if you have suffered PKD for many years, though some patients don’t have symptoms until their lives finish. Cysts typically grow 0.5 inches or larger before a person starts noticing symptoms. While we think it is necessary to learn about it more carefully if you are just diagnosed by this disease.
So what basic symptoms of polycystic kidney disease? Here you can find some useful information.
1. Liver cysts.
It is one important complication of PKD. Generally speaking, over 50% middle-aged patients have this problem. Liver cysts develop slowly and usually appear 10 years later than PKD.
2. Polycystic kidney disease symptoms also include:
· Blood pressure. With cyst growing up, it will oppress kidneys tissues and damage kidney function, causing high blood pressure.
· Back or side pain. It is also related to burden of cysts.
· A feeling of fullness in your abdomen.
· Increased size of your abdomen due to enlarged kidneys.
· Blood in your urine when cysts rapture or urinary infection.
· Kidney stones. This is complication of cysts.
· Kidney failure till cysts’ pressure is too high to kidneys and do further damage to kidney cells.
3. Children with autosomal recessive PKD may have symptoms that include:
· high blood pressure
· frequent urination
Though PKD is not very common seen, it harm our life very much. For patients, you need learn PKD information as much as you can and take effective treatment early to prevent advanced kidney failure.